Answers to Questions:1. What is the shipping cost?
In addition to the cost of the artwork there is a flat rate shipping charge of $75.00.
2. Do the works on paper come framed?
No, the price listed is for unframed work. If you would like it framed then please contact me and I'll send you framing options and prices.
3.If I purchase a piece of art, what is the sales tax?
My studio is based in New York, so if you live in New York State then you will be charged sales tax. If you live outside of New York state then there will be no sales tax.
If you are located in Canada or Mexico, there are normally no taxes or import duties.
If you are located outside of North America, there may be taxes or import duties levied directly by your government – you will need to contact me via the inquire form on the image or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a separate invoice that will contain a payment method and shipping directions.
4. I purchased a painting or a sculpture on your web site. What happens next?
1. You should receive a confirmation email from Art@MargaretWithers.com. Check your spam folder, if you did not receive it.
2. Your painting or sculpture will be carefully packed for shipping. This can take up to two weeks, depending on the size of the painting and if it will be shipped stretched or rolled, and depending on the size and the delicate nature of the sculpture.
3. We will let you know once your piece is shipped, along with the tracking number so that you can track it yourself on-line.
4. Delivery! Please make sure that someone is home to sign for it. If this is impossible, then please contact the courier directly, to make alternate arrangements.
5. If you ordered a sculpture and you live in New York City then we will contact you to arrange for it to be hand delivered at a mutually agreed upon address.
5. How will my painting or sculpture be packaged?
Paintings with sides that are less than 48" in length will be wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in a commercial cardboard box.
Paintings with at least one side 48" or larger are normally removed from their stretcher bars and rolled up in a tube. You will need to have the canvas re-stretched when you receive it. If you have purchased a painting that needs to be stretched and you would like it shipped directly to a framer, please contact us at art@MargaretWithers.com to make the arrangements.
If you prefer to have a large painting shipped already on stretcher bars, we will need to ship it in a wood crate, which will increase the shipping costs significantly.
Works on paper are shipped framed or unframed –depending on how it was ordered.
If you live in New York City your sculpture will be hand delivered. Outside of New York City your sculpture is very carefully packaged up and shipped.
6. Is there a fee for packaging?
No. We only charge for our shipping costs. I offer free packing on all artworks bought on MargaretWithers.com!
7. How do you ship paintings or sculptures?
We usually ship paintings by commercial courier, but sometimes, if local, we can deliver artworks in person.
8. From where is my artwork being shipped?
Paintings are shipped out from New York, NY, USA.
9. How long will it take for my painting to be delivered?
Your painting will be packaged within 5 working days of payment. It is then delivered to the courier company where the time that it takes for the delivery varies, depending on the area to which the package is travelling. Our shipping costs are based on the least expensive form of shipping (by courier), usually ground transportation. If you would like to arrange and pay for a more expedited shipping option, please contact us at Art@MargaretWithers.com.
10. How much is shipping, and who pays for it?
The cost of shipping is included in the "handling" area of your order form, and therefore included in your final bill. There is also an international shipping fee for paintings being shipped outside of the United States. We determine the cost of shipping based on the least expensive option, usually ground transport. If you would like to arrange and pay for a more expedited shipping option, please contact us at Art@MargaretWithers.com.
11. How will I know when to expect my artwork?
When we make shipping arrangements with the courier, we arrange for you to receive emails informing you of your package's travel status. Upon delivery to the courier, we contact you to let you know that the process has started and to provide you with the tracking number. A signature is required upon receipt of your package, so please make sure someone is there upon delivery. If you are unable to have someone present at the time of delivery, please contact the courier to make alternate arrangements.
12. What information do you need from me, to ship my artwork?
The courier companies need a delivery address. This cannot be a post office box as a signature is required upon delivery. They also require a contact telephone number and an email address so that the courier company can contact you with delivery information.
13. What form of payment is accepted?
When purchasing directly from our website, the only form of payment available is PayPal. PayPal will allow you to pay using a credit card, even if you don’t have a PayPal account. Alternatively, you can contact us at art@MargaretWithers.com to pay using one of the following alternate payment arrangements:
In the US: the preferred method of payment is Venmo. We also accept wire transfer, certified check and money order.
Outside of the US: the preferred method of payment is international wire transfer via your bank or TransferWise (transferwise.com) which offers a more affordable way to do a wire transfer.
14.What is your return policy?
Change of heart? We understand! Paintings can be exchanged for a credit on MargaretWithers.com for the full amount, minus any shipping costs, so long as certain conditions are met:
-The collector has seven (7) days from reception to advise us in writing that they would like to return the artwork.
-The artwork must be returned in its original packaging and in the same condition as when it was shipped. It is important, therefore, to take care when both unpacking and repacking your artwork.
15. What if the artwork is damaged when I receive it?
All artwork is insured. It is your responsibility to inspect the piece upon arrival and notify us immediately (within 24 hours of delivery) if there is damage – this includes taking photos of the damage on the artwork and taking photos of the outside and inside of the packaging. Send us an email with the photos and we will begin the refund process. The refund is processed once the damaged artwork has been returned to Margaret Withers.
16. What if I decide that I would like to return my artwork, but the 7 day window has passed?
If you have a change of heart after the 7-day return window has passed, we will deduct a 4% rental fee for each month following the date of reception.
17.Do you sell prints?
We do not sell prints on MargaretWithers.com. Instead of a print, think about buying one of my smaller pieces! As the value of most original art increases over time, it’s a much better investment!
18. How do I sign up for Margaret Withers’ newsletter?
You can subscribe through Margaret’s web site, here: https://www.margaretwithers.com/about/contact
Alternately, you can always see current exhibits or shows at:
19. How often is the newsletter sent out?
- You can now purchase my artwork from this website!
- My studio is in NYC - email me to schedule a visit.
- Limited signed prints are available at: https://20x200.com/collections/margaret-ann-withers